Production Planning Tool
Production Planning Tool helps you plan production and purchase of Items for a period (usually a week or a month).
This list of Items can be generated from the open Sales Orders or pending Material Requests that can be Manufactured in the system and will generate:
- Production Orders for each Item.
- Purchase Requests for Items whose Projected Quantity is likely to fall below zero.
To use the Production Planning Tool, go to:
Manufacturing > Tools > Production Planning Tool
Step 1: Specify source to get Production Items
- You can select Sales Order or Material Request according to where you want to source the items from
- If you plan to add items manually, keep the "Get items from" field empty
Step 2: Select and get Sales Order / Material Request
- Use filters to get the Sales Order / Material Request
- Click on Get Sales Order / Get Material Requests to generate a list.
Step 3: Get Items
- Get the items for the Sales Order / Material request list
- You can add/remove or change quantity of these Items.
Step 4: Create Production Orders
Step 5: Create Material Request
Create Material Request for Items with projected shortfall.
The Production Planning Tool is used in two stages:
- Selection of open Sales Orders / pending Material Request for the period based on “Expected Delivery Date”.
- Selection of Items from those Sales Orders / Material Requests
The tool will update if you have already created Production Orde rs for a particular Item against its Sales Order (“Planned Quantity”) or Material Request.
You can always edit the Item list and increase / reduce quantities to plan your production.
Note: How do you change a Production Plan? The output of the Production Planning Tool is the Production Order. Once your orders are created, you can change them by amending the Production Orders.
Next: BOM Replace Tool