Project is divided into Tasks. In ERPNext, you can also create a Task independently.
Status of the Task
A Task can have one of the following statuses - Open, Working, Pending Review, Closed, or Cancelled.
By default each new Task created has the status set to 'Open'.
If a Time Log is made against a task, its status will be set to 'Working'.
You can specify a list of dependent tasks under the 'Depends On' section.
You cannot close the parent task until all dependent tasks are closed.
If the dependent tasks are delayed and overlap with the expected Start Date of the Parent task, the system will reschedule the parent task.
ERPNext uses Time Log to track the progress of a Task. You can create multiple Time Logs against each task. The Actual Start and End Time along with the costing is updated based on the Time Log.
- To view Time Log made against a Task click on 'Time Logs'
- You can also create a Time Log directly and link it to the Task.
You can book Expense Claim against a task. The system shall update the total amount from expense claims in the costing section.
- To view Expense Claims made against a Task click on 'Expense Claims'
- You can also create a Expense Claims directly and link it to the Task.
- Total amount of Expense Claims booked against a task is shown under 'Total Expense Claim' in the Task Costing Section